[DotGNU]Re: A matter of immediate attention

From: TonStanco
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: A matter of immediate attention
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 15:09:07 EDT

>The conclusion that was reached is that DotGNU will
>be, perhaps in a press release on Monday, as one of
>two FSF endorsed projects that the free software
>community will undertake in response to .net.

David, I think we are the only ones officially part of GNU. Miguel's press
release said nothing about GNU, but I need to check with RMS to be completely
sure.

>DotGNU certainly can (and if everyone here wishes it
>to, will) become a (series of) GNU packages

I think breaking the projects down into 10-20 projects allows more people to be
involved as leaders and this is a very good thing for efficiency. I talked to
RMS about this and he liked it very much.

tony