Re: [DotGNU]Re: A matter of immediate attention

From: Myrddian
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: A matter of immediate attention
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 09:43:43 +1000

> David, I think we are the only ones officially part of GNU. Miguel's press
> release said nothing about GNU, but I need to check with RMS to be completely
> sure.
It seems Ximian just want to jump the gun, but make sure with RMS nonetheless
I think most people are in agreement that GNOME has been used for open source
efforts by companies, rather than the FSF.

> >DotGNU certainly can (and if everyone here wishes it
> >to, will) become a (series of) GNU packages
>
> I think breaking the projects down into 10-20 projects allows more people to
> be involved as leaders and this is a very good thing for efficiency. I talked
> to RMS about this and he liked it very much.

Well, it's pretty much agreed on, that this should be co-ordinated as a
plethora of individual projects, it makes more sence.

This info should be posted on the web page, so that each member insterested
can join the effort and pick the project he thinks he will best at.

Also it might be important to open individual mailing lists, for each project
there are moves to create an IRC channel on openprojects.net for DotGNU
it's a good idea since it allows real-time chat with project members.

Myrddian <address@hidden(nospam)au>
"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house
 and four people died".

                   -- Steven Wright