Re: [DotGNU]first draft for FD press release

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]first draft for FD press release
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 03:28:41 +0200

> >  Yes.  Especially we should really have a quote or two from
> >  Myrddian.  He deserves some recognition for starting this
> >  project (provided he wants it :).
>
> Yes. In fact, you should probably include a few sentences that explain that
> he came up with the project. I think it was his name idea too wasn't it? We
> should give him attribution to those things.

Yes.  And I feel we really need to wait with this (and the
entire press release) until we have heard from him.  I don't
even know whether he prefers to be mentioned with his full name
or under the "Myrddian" pseudonym.

> I think Bradley, VP FSF, is on this list. We should post the PR on the FD
> main list for comments, too at this point. RMS is there.

Ok, will do.

> Try to organize the press release with the most important info at the top,
> though, so if the editor stops reading half way, he has the most important
> information to decide to run a story or not.  Then put background info
> towards the end.

Right.  The background info about FreeDevelopers and about what Free
Software is all about needs to be moved to the end.

I'll post the second draft in a minute.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
Norbert Bollow, Weidlistr.18, CH-8624 Gruet  (near Zurich, Switzerland)
Your own domain with all your Mailman lists: $15/month http://cisto.com