Re: [DotGNU]first draft for FD press release

From: Myrddian
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]first draft for FD press release
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:39:53 +1000

> Yes.  And I feel we really need to wait with this (and the
> entire press release) until we have heard from him.  I don't
> even know whether he prefers to be mentioned with his full name
> or under the "Myrddian" pseudonym.

Well I dont have anything to say at the moment appart from technical specifics,
the only thing I have said which could be said in a press release is

"DotGNU will be a complete replacement for the .NET strategy, it will not be a
Free Software
implementation of .NET. While .NET has some very sound ideas problems arise
with its implementation
especially the Authentication/Authorization systems which are centralised to
MS. DotGNU will
use a decentralized paradigm, no simple company/server or entity will control
authorization.
Secondly DotGNU will emphasise on Security, as such it will use encryption
where ever possible
to keep user data secure and hidden."

As for the name, well it was like this: .gnu .GNU, dotgnu, dotGNU, DotGNU
.gnu and .GNU where derived from .NET/.net but I went paranoid about
punctuation  and went for
dotgnu, but in some cases I had to type the first letter in capitals so DotGNU
came about,

Then again if you think that's silly I was on friggin medication at the time
when I thought of it,
YeaY Mersyndol Forte.

I think a better story has to be thought up, if you want why I initiated
this... other than
migraine confusion and half asleep brain.

The pseudonym is better than "Wasabi Pimp Ninja" or "Vash the Stampede" I
loooove anime, if you see
either Myrddian or Wasabi Pimp Ninja on a CS/DoD/Q3A/UT server say Hi it's me
:)

I dont really care use my name if you want (Enzo-Adrian Reyes), or Enzo, Enzo
Reyes, or use Myrddian
I dont really mind. There are not many people with Myrddian as an alias any how
;)

Myrddian <address@hidden(nospam)au>
"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house
 and four people died".

                   -- Steven Wright