Re: [DotGNU]Propoganda starts at home...

From: Jeremy Petzold
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Propoganda starts at home...
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 16:32:22 -0400

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

Norbert Bollow wrote:

I know that we don't want the legal battle, but do you think that we can
even avoid one?

I think we can, by *not* following Microsoft standards (except
where it cannot be avoided, namely in the .NET emulation) and
generally implementing everything in a way that is entirely
different from how they're doing things.

Greetings, Norbert.

Yep, and for the short-term that may work out well.  But if MS is truly
deadset on stamping out the GPL, we may now be considered a primary
threat to them and a target for litigation.  Even if that litigation is
unfounded.  But, hey - it could be worse.  If they get to that point, it
means that they're attacking behaviour outside of the scope of the
license.  If they do that, we have to stop them somehow.

        -Barry