Re: [DotGNU]can we implement Java for our auth system?

From: Adam Theo
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]can we implement Java for our auth system?
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 09:53:39 -0400

Jeremy Petzold wrote:

> Barry,
>
> I read your Paper on the RLS system, it intrigued me.
> the system is clear, simple, and straight forward, and such a system would be
> simple to add into applications like word processors, and IDEs, ect.
> the one question that I have is why is there no standard token format? what
> advantages does that give to the system that having a standard format does
> not?
> I would think that it would make it more difficult on the server side to
> process the RLS with out a standard format. Am I missing something?

hello, i found the official docs on how Jabber does addressing and
resource locations.

i was wondering what you thought of this, if it could be used or
incorporated into DotGNU's addressing?

http://docs.jabber.org/general/html/overview.html#JIDS

i also highly recommend the above document from the beginning. it is an
excellent technical introduction to Jabber and it's potentials.

http://docs.jabber.org/general/html/overview.html