Re: [DotGNU]Receiving two mails

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Receiving two mails
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 10:53:13 +0200

> Today at 00:53 -0700, Charles Iliya Krempeaux wrote:
>
> : It is because when some replys to an e-mail they get from this mailing
> : list, they do a `reply all'.  (On my e-mail program, Evolution, it is
> : labeled `Reply to All'.)
>
> Well, the problem could be alleviated to an extent if mailman could be
> configured so as to include a default `Reply-to' header poining to the
> list address.

That would violate RFC1123.  For a detailed discussion see

>  So one won't need a `reply all'.

But it makes it practically impossible to properly continue a
thread that needs to be cross-posted across two mailing lists.
You don't often want to have such threads, but suppose for
example we want to discuss with the Perl6 folks how their work
can be integrated with DotGNU.  That would be a thread that
should properly be cross-posted to both the DotGNU ARCH mailing
list and a mailing list of the Perl6 folks.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A member of FreeDevelopers and the DotGNU Core Team   http://dotgnu.org
Norbert Bollow, Weidlistr.18, CH-8624 Gruet  (near Zurich, Switzerland)