Re: [DotGNU]DCMA devils - not under the OSD.

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DCMA devils - not under the OSD.
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 13:06:46 +0200

> creating a license which discriminates against a person or persons.

Not a good idea for multiple reasons.

> Now, whether the GPL would permit these actions, I leave to brighter
> minds.

The GNU GPL is not compatible with any restrictions of this
kind.

> > My twisted little mind has thought: "What if this simple single
> > logon standard spreads very quickly among web site designers,
> > and what if dotGNU were to claim IP in it, and grant rights
> > to all but Microsoft-controlled companies,

But our fight is primarily for freedom, not against Microsoft.

Microsoft deserves to have the same freedom that everyone should
have.  The only freedom that Microsoft must not have is the
freedom to do things that effectively result in our freedom
being taken away from us.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A member of FreeDevelopers and the DotGNU Core Team   http://dotgnu.org
Norbert Bollow, Weidlistr.18, CH-8624 Gruet  (near Zurich, Switzerland)