Re: [DotGNU]How's the wiki project going?

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]How's the wiki project going?
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 13:31:45 +0530

If memory serves me right, Matthew L Daniel wrote:
> So let me get this straight. We(collectively) want to invent, implement,
> debug, document, deploy, etc. our OWN wiki rather than use one of the
> other fabulous wikis already out there. Is there something I've missed
> here?
        Yeah ,you missed something all right. All the Wiki's use HTML
as the presentation *and* storage format. We are just trying to
work out a mechanism to use an XML format (Jonathan prefers DocBook).
Also we are thinking of a multi repository WIKI. ie the normal Wiki
supports only one site (right ?).

        Wiki is good for user-edited webpages, but not good enough for
user manuals/books. That is what our Wiki is supposed to do.
> Shouldn't this mental effort go into some other project, say ...
> pnet's cscc (for example)?
        Also you should understand that Web programmers who write Wiki
clones are not the same people who write compilers. Sure we could
use some work from anyone, but Wiki will indeed help Pnet in the
documentation phase .

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success