Re: [DotGNU]Time for a huddle.....

From: Bill Lance
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Time for a huddle.....
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 06:52:11 -0800 (PST)

--- Rhys Weatherley <address@hidden> wrote:
> Bill Lance wrote:
>
> > I was involved in a spread across the globe design
> > session not to terribly long ago that used both
> IRC
> > and a mail list together.  The IRC meetings were
> > scheduled every four hours over two days. [...]
>
> I like this idea.  It solves the "when shall we
> meet"
> problem, and ensures that everyone is kept abreast
> of the discussion if they missed the previous slot.

Exactly.  The other piece was that the mail list was
used to keep a running, working draft document about
each thread of conversation.  That gives people a
chance to read and respond more thoughtfully, but
still knock on specific questions on IRC without
getting inot long, difficult conversations in a noisey
space.