Re: [DotGNU]Call for a truce over mono vs pnet

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Call for a truce over mono vs pnet
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 15:16:34 +0530

If memory serves me right, Adam Treat wrote:
> As far as after cscc can compile mcs;  I will undoubtedly use both compilers.
>  cscc when speed is king, and mcs when embedded in other tools, such as an
> IDE.

        It is funny that you must mention this now, because the to-be-published
DotGNU task list <http://archive.dotgnu.org/new/tasklist.html> mentions a
Developement Environment (not an IDE). This is a set of command line tools
combined with a good GUI (in X) | emacs support .

> I think there are places for both pnet and mono toolchains in the
> community.  If nothing else, they provide a valuable counter-example to
> eachother and some good old-fashioned competition.
        There has quite some migration of ideas between the projects . The
problem is that it is "touch and go". Unfortunately I was responsible
for the last argument.

The Mono vs DotGNU debate has been distracting us (both of us) from the
issue -- "Microsoft .NET". So I'm going into *deep hack mode*
(ESC:set deep-hack)

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success