Re: [DotGNU]Affero General Public License

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Affero General Public License
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:42:06 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> > On a side note, the idea of a "Get Source Code" button/whatever in every GPL
> > program, partially to enforce this, is quite intriguing.
>
> How would you add a "Get Source Code" button to GNU ls?
> Command-line tools don't have buttons. :-)

        The people who need to know that "Get Source Code" information
are the latest migrants from the Windows world -- GUI only users.

        These guys use "Linux" (1). They have no idea about how/what/why
about Free Software or the GNU/Linux project. This button will tell
those people "This is defintely Free Software".

        I think this is a typical "knee jerk" reaction to the Morpheus's
attempt to evade GPL.

Gopal.V

1: I call it GNU/Linux -- but currently was referring to the Redhat
   "Linux" , Mandrake "Linux", SuSe "Linux" and Caldera "Linux".
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success