Re: [DotGNU]Call for a truce over mono vs pnet

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Call for a truce over mono vs pnet
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 15:42:52 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> I still don't understand it, sorry :-( That is, I am developing gnome-db
> (http://www.gnome-db.org), and depend, as people depend on oxygen, on
> Bonobo. That is, any change in Bonobo affects me.

        So, I don't think you are working with the Bonobo team ?. You are
*using* Bonobo. What we're talking about is not DotGNU *using* Mono
libs -- but a Mono DotGNU partnership project (as I see it).

> Of course, I am not saying gnome-db/bonobo is the same situation as
> DotGNU/Mono. But I understand this as something similar to this idea. If
> I'm wrong, please correct me and explain me again why you need that
> control.
        We can use Mono libs -- like you use Bonobo, but unlike Bonobo
and GnomeDB, DotGNU and Mono are working on the same stuff -- C# libs.

        The Control aspect is not the point -- It's about sharing work,
responsibility and accountability. For example , how to make sure
work in the future will not be duplicated, how to implement the
Registry classes in GNU/Linux, how to implement the "PassportIdentity"
class.....

> As you said, it's free software after all, so if there is a
> good cooperation between all people, there is no need whatsoever for
> this control over each other.

        The *point* !. Thanks.

        All I want to say is that there should be "cooperation" , not
class swapping. We should discuss issues rather than know them by
proxy.

Gopal.V

PS: We just had a MS.NET demonstration at college -- those guys will
    do anything to get the whole internet guid'd (pun intended) into
    their network.

Rogdrigo: I *really* liked reading this mail. this is the kind of
          postive attitude that is needed for co-operation.
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success