[DotGNU]"Open source" is not what we do here

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [DotGNU]"Open source" is not what we do here
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 08:53:28 -0700 (MST)

DotGNU is a free software project, part of the GNU Project.  "Open
source" is not what we do, but many people think that it is, and we
have to work hard to explain and remind them that it is not.  Your
recent message which talks about activities in the name of "open
source" would tend to encourage the mistake that we work to correct.

In the future, if you send messages about open source activities,
please preface them with something that acknowledges that DotGNU
is a free software project, not an open source project.

Your message mentioned an activity that Eben Moglen is working on.
This is a free software activity, not an open source activity.
When you write about it, please describe it as such.