Re: [DotGNU]"Open source" is not what we do here

From: Matthew C. Tedder
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]"Open source" is not what we do here
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 00:09:45 -0800

Except that Free Software falls under the Open Source definition perfectly,
so it is a specific kind of Open Source.

It is perfect inaccurate to say that it is not Open Source--I think you mean
that it should be distinguished from other Open Source variants.

Isn't the only principle distinguishing factor that GPL guarantees that
derrivatives remain GPL-licensed?  That distinguishing factor is not
"different" from the Open Source definition because the Open Source
definition allows one the flexibility to do such things.  It's merely one of
the unlimited variations allowed under the Open Source definition.

Am I missing anything, because as far as I can see, this is all perfectly
and clearly verifiable.

--Matthew