Re: [DotGNU]Re: payback time for MS & BSD

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: payback time for MS & BSD
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 09:28:57 +1000

Daniel Carrera wrote:

> Can Mono and dotGNU already use each other's libraries?  I figure as
> much.  Both groups could agree to just grab each other's libraries and not
> rewrite them.

We have already said that we will be using Mono's high
level libraries rather than building our own.  For technical
reasons, we will continue to build our own low-level
libraries that live close to the engine core.

As to reducing duplication of effort: that can only happen
if there is a formal co-operation agreement between the
two parties as to who will be doing what.  Mono refuses
to discuss such an agreement, and calls us uncooperative
for insisting upon it.