Re: AW: this affects DotGNU (was: this doesn't affect DotGNU (was Re:[Do

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: AW: this affects DotGNU (was: this doesn't affect DotGNU (was Re:[DotGNU]New addendum for MS redistributables))
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:43:46 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:

> There's really no incentive for MS to turn Rotor into a
> real system that can run arbitrary .NET applications.
> For example, if Rotor on FreeBSD ever became capable
> of running ASP.NET, then it would be a threat to
> Windows NT server sales.  The MS marketing
> department will shoot that in the head real quick.

        This is just a gesture to show that "We are not a
windows centric monopoly, look we're supporting .NET on
FreeBSD...."

        Nothing beyond it , but M$ can use it to taint uni's
in the bargain . So let's try to get such ui's to help
us before M$ buys them out.

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success