[DotGNU][Slightly OT] Dyndns over Jabber

From: Gopal V
Subject: [DotGNU][Slightly OT] Dyndns over Jabber
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 01:07:18 +0530

Hey Differance ,
        I've give much thought to this idea that popped up on the
meet-a-thon ... the dynamic DNS schema IMO is just another way
of using the IM client for a new purpose ...

Adam : I would like to ask on the possibility of a presence based
DNS lookup via Jabber ... ie the DNS query is resolved via the
Jabber client logged in at the server ...

So "gopal.<my_dyndns>.org" will be resolved as the IP of the
guy jabbering as "gopal@<my_dyndns>.org"

Is that even remotely possible ? (/me thinks so)

If it is, it opens up a new reason for using Jabber to chat :-)
ie to keep my dyndns open .. LOL

IMO this would be an excellent example of a webservice which
the ordinary web is unfamilar with ... (ie true "Network Services")

Gopal