Re: [DotGNU]implementing non ECMA features into pnetlib

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]implementing non ECMA features into pnetlib
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 19:13:50 +1000

Gopal V wrote:

> So should we have a System.IO.FileInfo class ?

Since it is part of the .NET Framework, then yes.

It was never my intention that pnetlib would stop after
doing the ECMA classes.  There are already lots of .NET
Framework classes in the code.  e.g. the Cryptography
stuff I checked in a couple of weeks ago.

ECMA-compatibility makes a good milestone to aim for,
and the #if ECMA_COMPAT allows us to easily create a
stripped-down library for embedded devices later.