[DotGNU]implementing non ECMA features into pnetlib

From: Gopal V
Subject: [DotGNU]implementing non ECMA features into pnetlib
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 13:54:53 +0530

Hi Everyone,
        I have been taking a nice long look at some of the GPL'd
libraries available for C# . I find that most of them have been
developed on the .NET sdk and require non ECMA classes like
System.IO.FileInfo ..

I can find no other way I can access any of the FileInfo features
from the existing classes like the length of a file without opening
it (for example) .

Sure a PInvoke stat() would work or just incorporate it into the
mscorlib.dll and write an internal call :-) ... somebody else
with a free half hour could finish it with ease ?

So should we have a System.IO.FileInfo class ?
(if we decide to have one, who volunteers ?)

Gopal