Re: [DotGNU]implementing non ECMA features into pnetlib

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]implementing non ECMA features into pnetlib
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 08:17:23 -0400

I like the idea being able to create a reduced footprint embedded
implementation of the libraries directly, rather than having to offer a
seperate runtime library for this purpose.  We see this problem in
traditional systems, where we have to have alternate libc's for embedded use
because this consideration was not taken in at the time the original libc was
created.  Certainly also, the libraries must provide a full range of
functionality to support the dotgnu framework, with the core being fully spec
compliant.  However, offering my own opinion, I am not sure I like the #ifdef
ECMA_COMPAT, as that should, after all, be the default :).  Or maybe I
misunderstood what you meant there...