Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU awareness article

From: Timothy Rue
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU awareness article
Date: 2 Oct 2002 3:7:49 -0500

On 01-Oct-02 21:30:32 Brandon Bremen <address@hidden> wrote:
 BB> I am working on an article about dotGNU aimed towards the general
 BB> cyber  public. This article/essay is being designed to raise
 BB> awareness about  dotGNU and help people understand its purpose
 BB> and necessity. Hopefully,  it will interest a few developers
 BB> enough to come join the fun. ;) Here is the rough, sort of vague
 BB> outline:

 BB> Purpose: To raise awareness and to spur interest in the dotGNU
 BB> project. Audience: Unaware users and developers alike.

 BB> I. Introduction
 BB> A. What is .NET
 BB> B. What needs changed about it
 BB> C. DotGNU solves these problems. How?

 BB> II. DotGNU
 BB> A. The scope of DotGNU
 BB> B. Ultimate goals
 BB> C. Where the project is

 BB> III. Subprojects
 BB> A. Active Proposals (have a link to the prop page)
 BB> B. Developers Needed
 BB> C. How _anyone_ can help the project

 BB> If everyone could critique and expand on this, we would have a
 BB> nice  interesting work for everyone on the net to read. So fire
 BB> away! Once we  get a general outline done, I/We can fill in the
 BB> subtopics and make it a  fully fleshed out outline. Then I will
 BB> write the article. The latest  upkept version of this document is
 BB> at  http://brandon.raboof.net/dg_outline.txt

 BB> Brandon

It's probably important to mention other dotnet projects like "Mono" along
with what is different with dotGNU and how it is complimentary to such
projects or better to use for certain things... etc.

In other words: you want to address the "but there is Mono, so why do we
need another GPL oriented dotnet project?" perspective up front.