[DotGNU]DotGNU awareness article

From: Brandon Bremen
Subject: [DotGNU]DotGNU awareness article
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 19:30:32 -0700

I am working on an article about dotGNU aimed towards the general cyber public. This article/essay is being designed to raise awareness about dotGNU and help people understand its purpose and necessity. Hopefully, it will interest a few developers enough to come join the fun. ;)
Here is the rough, sort of vague outline:

Purpose: To raise awareness and to spur interest in the dotGNU project.
Audience: Unaware users and developers alike.

I. Introduction
A. What is .NET
B. What needs changed about it
C. DotGNU solves these problems. How?

II. DotGNU
A. The scope of DotGNU
B. Ultimate goals
C. Where the project is

III. Subprojects
A. Active Proposals (have a link to the prop page)
B. Developers Needed
C. How _anyone_ can help the project

If everyone could critique and expand on this, we would have a nice interesting work for everyone on the net to read. So fire away! Once we get a general outline done, I/We can fill in the subtopics and make it a fully fleshed out outline. Then I will write the article. The latest upkept version of this document is at http://brandon.raboof.net/dg_outline.txt

Brandon