Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU Weekend Warriors

From: Jonathan P Springer
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU Weekend Warriors
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 15:19:06 -0400

On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 06:39:31PM +0200, Peter Minten wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in the Portable.NET project Gopal, ajmitch and I have joined together as the
> Weekend Warriors. Our goal is to improve our skill sets by developing the
> compiler, and Rhys has very happily allowed us full run of the compiler for a
> short period.

I oversleep for one meeting and this is what happens...  So how about
tackling Bug #1196 :-) ?

> Rhys has also allowed us to take care of the usual project management stuff
> like
> reading bug reports and applying patches. So don't send those things related
> the compiler to Rhys for now but post them to the Portable.NET savannah site
> (http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/dotgnu-pnet), the Weekend Warriors will look
> at them when they have time.

Attached (and I'll post it as well) is a small patch to
codegen/cg_coerce.c that allows casting between unmanaged pointers and
basic integer types in unsafe code blocks.  The spec said it was
possible, the compiler complained, I started mucking, and so...

Cheers,
-js 212-314-4893

--
-Jonathan P Springer <address@hidden>
"A standard is an arbitrary solution to a recurring problem." - Joe Hazen