Re: [DotGNU]Working Groups plan v2

From: Peter Minten
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Working Groups plan v2
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 09:30:54 -0400

Stephen Compall wrote:

> Sounds Good; here are my comments. BTW, I missed the "first" plan.

It was posted on 23-7-2002 and called 'Design working group'.

> Peter Minten wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I worked out the Working Group plans a little more. The big change is
> > that in this proposal the WG's will actually have the power to steer
> > projects in their
>
> How open will *membership* in a WG be?

Very open. Let's not forget that there are only 2 classes: leader and rest
(though the leader will probably listen more to the existing developers than
newbies, that figures), anybody can join the WG by joining the debate.

> > In this proposal there will be 7 working groups:
> > 1. Foundation code (pnet, dg-libs)
>
> I think VRS and SEE really qualify as the "foundation", and pnet/dg-libs
> are the main track in VM development. But I'm biased ;)

Well, I chose that name because I couldn't think of a better one :-). If you
have a better name for it, please tell us.

> > 5. PR
> > 6. Business
>
> IMHO, 5 and 6 can be combined.

I have to disagree here. The PR WG is focussed mainly on developers and users
while the Business WG is focussed on businesses.

Greetings,

Peter