[DotGNU]Steering Committee Hibernation (was [Proposals]ILAutoStubber Pro

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: [DotGNU]Steering Committee Hibernation (was [Proposals]ILAutoStubber Proposal)
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 03:33:49 -0800 (PST)

--- Rhys Weatherley <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thursday 06 March 2003 05:48 pm, James Michael DuPont wrote:
>
> > If you permit, then I would start by creating a Fleshed out
> > specification of the problem, like this :
> > http://wiki.dotgnu.org/TaskFoafDotGnu
>
> It's not a question as to whether I will "permit" it or not.  The
> usual rule
> applies: "just do it".  If it's useful to DotGNU, then we'll find a
> home for
> it once it is done, or once it starts to show some promise.  The
> old-style
> "propose first and ask for permission" just doesn't work.

OK, I have been thinking about this. If the policy has changed,

Why dont you change or remove these pages to reflect how things are  :
http://www.dotgnu.info/proposals/

[[
 The DotGNU Steering Committee is pleased to announce that we've begun
accepting proposals for software development projects. The projects
that get accepted will make up what DotGNU will become in the future.
Therefore, we've instituted a formal system for proposing software
development projects.

Making a formal proposal as outlined below is a first step in the
direction of allowing your project to become an official part of
DotGNU. As explained on the Active Proposals page, this will not always
happen immediately, and you need not need to wait for official approval
before you can start your project.
]]

Does that mean that the Steering Committee  aggrees with this
assessment, or have they just gone into a deep winter sleep?
How many of them even read the list? Are you rhys the only active
member of this Committee?

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont