Re: [DotGNU]Bugs to the list

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Bugs to the list
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 20:55:46 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> I wonder what people's reactions would be if we hooked the Savannah bug
> database up to the list so that all new bug reports and updates would be
> visible to all?

I second this notion ... because I'm seeing this in other projects like
Parrot where RT is hooked up the perl6internals .

> could join in and help out.  Right now, only myself and Gopal see new bugs,
> and so most people aren't aware of areas that they may be able to help with.

Especially because more people notice them and suggest solutions (like the
help I got in the ilasm issue ..)

Also to help them have some sort of closure on the bugs and keep an eye
on the status of the project in general. As well as seeing the inputs
& comments about the bugs .

> The bug volume isn't terribly great,

Hmm... I'm a bit thoughtful about that . Recently we've been having a
flurry of bugs on some days  :-)

If it turns out to be too great , we can always turn it off and start
a pnet-bugs mailing list.

But one point against it though , Pnet != DotGNU ... that impression
should not be given to the various lurkers and newbies.

Gopal