dotgnu-libs-devel

[Dotgnu-libs-devel] Re: DotGNU Libraries (dotgnu-libs) on Savannah

From: Peter Minten
Subject: [Dotgnu-libs-devel] Re: DotGNU Libraries (dotgnu-libs) on Savannah
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 19:06:31 +0200

Gopal V wrote:

> If memory serves me right, Norbert Bollow wrote:
> > > I vote for dotgnu.x (as I'm from the java school of namespaces)
> >
> > For C# libs we should follow what is customary in C#, not what
> > is customary in Java.

Customary in C# is for us what pnetlib and DG-Base do, both use capitalised
namespaces (System, Platform, DotGNU).

> Afterall what MS says is "customary" for C# , so I really don't think
> it would be a big issue if we used
>
> "using dotgnu.xml;"
> or
> "using DotGNU.Xml;"
>
> except perhaps the first one is faster to type (for me) ...
>
> and -lDotGNU.Xml.dll doesn't appeal to my idea of a link parameter :-(

I suggest the way DG-Base handles things: DotGNU.Xxx* for the namespace,
dotgnu.xxxxx.dll for the file. We could of course use Dotgnu.Xxx if the
DotGNU.Xxx is too much working with the shift key :-).

Greetings,

Peter