Re: [Duplicity-talk] Handling of aborted sessions...

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Handling of aborted sessions...
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:30:40 -0500

Ben Escoto <address@hidden> writes:

> Duplicity ignores incomplete backup sets.  So basically they aren't
> "committed" until the very end.  (Possible exception: if the
> manifest file is only partially written bad things could happen.
> But in general the remote end doesn't support any kind of atomicity
> guarantees, so I think assuming a short file like the manifest file
> is either not transferred, or transferred correctly is the best that
> can be done.)  The warning should be harmless.  If you want to get
> rid of those incomplete sets, try running duplicity with the
> --cleanup option.

The original problem (i.e. no files being restored) was pilot error --
the restore path I used wasn't an exact match for the archive
contents.

The --cleanup option seems to have worked.  So just to be sure, the
incomplete backup set was just taking up space, it wouldn't have
affected the later incrementals, right?

Thanks

--
Rob Browning