Re: [Duplicity-talk] Empty manifest files

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Empty manifest files
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 09:45:06 +0100

Hi.
Le mardi 07 décembre 2010 à 13:20 -0600, Kenneth Loafman a écrit :
> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 10:43 AM, Marcus Williams
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>         Kenneth Loafman wrote:
>                 Are you targeting the backup to an NFS mounted
>                 filesystem?  I'm not sure
>                 if that's the issue, but if you are, please try it to
>                 a regular
>                 filesystem and see if that works.
>

>         Just tried non-nfs. Same manifest problems occur on non-nfs
>         target.
>
> Odd.  What distro are you running?  What space is available?

FWIW, I may have encountered a similar problem, as I've had problems
restoring from a (full) backup which had some of its volumes and
manifest files of sizes zero. More details may be seen in
http://bugs.debian.org/606182

Still the cause for the zero size files may not be the same.

Note that my backup space is on vfat mounted disk on a Debian GNU/Linux
system.

Hope this helps.

Best regards
--