Re: [Duplicity-talk] Mirroring vs. Sets

From: Chris Poole
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Mirroring vs. Sets
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 15:46:06 +0000

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 7:52 PM, email builder <address@hidden> wrote:
> Does anyone have any advice of other software that allows
> encrypted mirroring (possibly without doing full backups
> every time)?

You could try using EncFS[1] with plain rsync. It uses FUSE, and I could never
get it working properly on the Mac, but I understand it's much more reliable on
Linux. The idea is that you mount a remote drive as usual, but EncFS sits
between you and it, transparently encrypting/decrypting everything that passes.

[1]: http://www.arg0.net/encfs