Re: [Duplicity-talk] Unable to connect using duplicity 0.6.18

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Unable to connect using duplicity 0.6.18
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 16:26:43 +0100

On 11.03.2012 15:43, Ano Nymous wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 9:35 AM, <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>>
> wrote:
>
>     On 11.03.2012 15:22, Ano Nymous wrote:
>     > I'm using the duplicity ppa, so I think that file is already there,
> however I replaced it anyway.
>
>     please read the mail thread, the changes are explained there
>
>     > I created an appropriate ssh_config file but I still get the same
> results.
>     > Do I need to pass a special option to duplicity to use it?
>
>     no, but we assumed you use either
>      /etc/ssh/ssh_config
>     or
>      ~/.ssh/config
>     because charivari is no full qualified domainname.
>
>     didn't you?
>
> Yes, I did,

then:

why did you have to create a ssh_config file?

are you aware that from 0.6.18 on duplicity does not use the system ssh binary
anymore but paramiko instead?

where is your ssh_config file located? what is the contents?

what is the error after you updated the sshbackend.py?

is downgrading to 0.6.17 an option?

>resolving "charivari" is definitely not the issue.

it seems to be an issue for the ssh backend of duplicity.

..ede/duply.net