[Duplicity-talk] Unable to connect using duplicity 0.6.18

From: Ano Nymous
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Unable to connect using duplicity 0.6.18
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 16:37:09 -0600

Hello,

I'm using the following versions

[~] ssh -V
OpenSSH_5.8p1 Debian-7ubuntu1, OpenSSL 1.0.0e 6 Sep 2011
[~] duplicity -V
duplicity 0.6.18

I get this error when trying to connect:

BackendException: ssh connection to charivari:22 failed: [Errno -2] Name or service not known

I believe this is because duplicity tries to run the command with :port appended and it seems like that method isn't allowed anymore perhaps.  I would get the same error if I tried to connect via ssh like that too, I have to use the -p option.

This command has worked in the past however, using an older version.