Re: [Duplicity-talk] Redundancy?

From: Mikołaj Czyż
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Redundancy?
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 18:43:47 +0200

Thanks. But as duplicity uses checksums extensively, etc. why not add some level of redundancy?
(on the other hand I believe there must be good reasons not to implement it if it is still not there)

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 6:39 PM, Lluís Batlle i Rossell <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 06:35:13PM +0200, Mikołaj Czyż wrote:
> Are there any works on adding some form of archive redundancy to duplicity?
>
> If I understand correctly one bit-flip can destroy the whole duplicity
> backup, am I right?

It will destroy one file of the backup, I think. The backup has multiple files.

It will require hand work, but it's not that the whole backup will disappear,
iiuc.