Re: [Duplicity-talk] List all the files in the backup

From: Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] List all the files in the backup
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 14:38:09 +0100

Edgar, thanks for your comments.

On 19/02/16 14:06, address@hidden wrote:
> 1. list-current-files supports the time parameter (see manpage). so you can
> list files from older backups also, despite what the command name suggests.

Ah, yes, of course. I am aware of that, probably I should have noted.

The script I linked to in my original email iterates through the older
backups and lists all of their output.

I had the idea that there might be a better solution.

> 2. the latest about working on a fuse wrapper i heard was 2008
>  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/duplicity-tracker/2008-04/msg00009.html

Thanks for the link. Definitely, looks interesting, but probably a bit
too outdated.

While thinking about what I try to achieve, I realised that there will
probably arise another problem: It's not possible to delete specific
files from an existing duplicity backup, as far as I know.

--
Niklaas

address@hidden
1576 C217 C075 608F 8466  ED7D AE53 35B4 1C62 D5F3