Re: [Duplicity-talk] List all the files in the backup

From: Duncan Betts
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] List all the files in the backup
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 12:26:21 +0000

I second that OwnCloud is worth consideration, it is very mature and
featureful.
I'd also recommend Syncany, unlike OwnCloud you won't require a server
instance and therefore unlike OwnCloud the encryption will be handled
client side
(https://owncloud.org/blog/encryption-2-0-in-owncloud-server-8-1/#comment-69879).
Do note that it is in Alpha release though (I use it but I imagine the
developer has good reason for not informing his users it is in "stable
release").
Whatever you do, once you have things set up put some dates in your
diary for "fire drills" where you double check that whatever you're
doing to protect your most critical data from any type of disaster, that
it's working.
Also, you might find that Duplicity is well suited for backing up the
majority of your data/filesystem, and that Syncany is what you want for
backing up your documents folder (which might be a dm-crypt container or
similiar if you don't want to rely entirely on an alpha release product).

Hope this is helpful :)

Cheers,

Duncan