[Duplicity-talk] Moving old sets to cold storage (listing files to be de

From: Ladislav Laska
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Moving old sets to cold storage (listing files to be deleted)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 23:52:18 +0200

Hi!

I'm using duplicity for some time, but I'm running out of space in my primary
storage for off-site backup and would like to move old sets to cold storage.

I plan on keeping last two full backups + incrementals (that is 1-2 months of
backups) on a few places, move the rest on a local drive just in case. I won't
miss them if the drive dies, and probably never use them, but don't want to
delete them.

For the remove-* commands, man page states this:

"Note also that --force will be needed to delete the files instead of just
listing them."

Listing the files is what I want! Unforunately, duplicity does not list the
files (I have trie 6.x and 7.x with the same result).

Is there any way to list all files that would be removed, so I can move them to
another place? And are those files enough so I can use all the duplicity
commands in the new location?

Thanks!

--
S pozdravem Ladislav "Krakonoš" Láska                http://www.krakonos.org/