Re: [Duplicity-talk] Moving old sets to cold storage (listing files to b

From: Ladislav Laska
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Moving old sets to cold storage (listing files to be deleted)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 12:00:09 +0200

> hmm, you are actually right. they are not listed, not sure if they ever were
> or this is a doc error. can you please file a ticket on launchpad for this?

Sure.

> anyway - sorting out backup chains on the backend is easy, simply have a
> look! the files have timespans in their filename.
> a chain consists of a full followed by incrementals.
> a backup consists of a sig, manifest and volumes if there was data to backup.

Yeah, my set has 11k volumes and I was kind of hoping to find a reliable way to
do it.

I can easily move the full backup, but the incrementals always have dates of the
incrementals they are based upon. I want to avoid having to parse dates in the
files (I'm just too lazy).

For now, I'll try to use filesystem date and hope it's accruate. Is there any
option to verify if the set is complete and no volume is missing, besides
restoring the whole set?

--
S pozdravem Ladislav "Krakonoš" Láska                http://www.krakonos.org/