Re: [Duplicity-talk] Moving old sets to cold storage (listing files to b

From: Ladislav Laska
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Moving old sets to cold storage (listing files to be deleted)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 12:18:30 +0200

> how about just sorting the file list alphabetically and then selecting the
> first file with full in the name (memorizing the timestamp of it) and keep
> selecting until the next file with a different full timestamp, excluding it.

Well, yeah, but 11k files. Although I might put something heavy on my insert key
in mc :-)

> > For now, I'll try to use filesystem date and hope it's accruate. Is there
> > any
> > option to verify if the set is complete and no volume is missing, besides
> > restoring the whole set?
> >

> you could locally, or wherever verify the chain. that's a restore file by
> file and compare with a checksum. it obviously only checks files existing at
> that point of time of course, meaning files flagged as deleted before are not
> checked.
> but as a basic check that should suffice, as it would throw up on corrupt or
> missing volumes/files.

So the 'verify' command? Seems a bit sad. It'll do, but is it too much to ask
for a way to just check if the backend storage is instact, possibly comparing
checksums of the individual volumes?

--
S pozdravem Ladislav "Krakonoš" Láska                http://www.krakonos.org/