eev

Re: Eshell tutorial

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Re: Eshell tutorial
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 18:46:06 -0300

On Sat, 17 Sept 2022 at 18:34, Quiliro Ordóñez <quiliro@riseup.net> wrote:
> El 2022-09-17 16:14, Eduardo Ochs escribió:

> >> Is this the tutorial inside eev?
> >> # (find-eepitch-intro)
> >
> > Hi Quiliro!
>
> Saluton amiko!
>
> > No, but you can run these tutorials in temporary buffers with:
> >
> >   (find-es "eshell" "eshell/foo")
> >   (find-es "python" "tut-numbers")
> >   (find-es "lua-intro" "intro:types")
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> I always have to define find-es via the echo buffer's suggestion to call
> find-angg-es-links and then run the commands that appear on that
> temporary buffer.  (I have done it quickly this time.  I guess that now
> I know how to use eev better!)  Shouldn't eev automatically detect if
> the user has the appropriate directories and files, then download them
> if they do not exist for `find-es'?

Hola y Saluton, Quiliro! =)

There is a way to avoid having to run (find-angg-es-links) every time.
You just have to put this in your init file:

  ;; From: (find-angg-es-links)
  (defun find-angg (fname &rest rest)
    (apply 'find-wgeta (format "http://angg.twu.net/%s"; fname) rest))
  (defun find-es (fname &rest rest)
    (apply 'find-wgeta (format "http://angg.twu.net/e/%s.e"; fname) rest))

I think that the definitions above are too weird and imperfect to
become "real" defaults, and with the current behavior they only become
defaults after forcing the user to (sort of) understand how they work.
I prefer that way. =/

  [[]] =),
    Eduardo