[eLyXer-users] Re: elyxer requests

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: [eLyXer-users] Re: elyxer requests
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 20:44:16 +0100

Hi again,

Continuing with your interesting requests.

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 9:29 PM, Alex Fernandez <address@hidden> wrote:
>> 1. Please could elyxer support alternate character encodings besides utf-8?
>> repo.or.cz insists on serving as ISO-8859-1.
>
> This is not yet ready. It requires a bit of configuration.

As it happens it was not difficult at all; all Unicode chars can be
converted to HTML entities using the &#x0000; notation. So an option
--iso885915 has been added (ISO-8859-15 is just ISO-8859-1 with the
Euro sign).

>> It would be better for elyxer to pick the replacement, for in a listing an
>> underscore where a visible space was shown is going to cut-n-paste wrong as
>> well as look wrong.
>
> I will need some help with the list of replacement entities. I could
> add a few, then you might send me your own list if you have it.

No replacements should be needed, all non-ASCII characters are
automatically translated.

>> 3. Please could listings align left instead of centre. I've hacked this in
>> css for all floats, but I think it only needs doing for listings.
>
> It's hard to do for listing floats (since it shares CSS with other
> floats), not so much for standalone listings. According to your
> document it should be enough if code listings appeared outside the
> div, wouldn't it?

Done for listings.

>> 4. Are listings able to show line numberings? There ought to be a separate
>> line number counter for each named listing, and the counters resume next
>> time a listing of the same name appears. This point could have more
>> discussion as I also hope elyxer will support the chunk command used by my
>> literate programming module.
>
> This point is also pending.

Line numberings were broken due to a previous bug, now they work again.

About literate programming, I am studying it; if it's viable I will
definitely include it for 0.41.

> Would you like to have a test version with <pre> tags instead of
> <code>? It would help me a lot if you could test it with your own
> documents.

A test version is on the way (sent privately because the list doesn't
accept big attachments).

Alex.