[eLyXer-users] Merge options toc and toctarget

From: Jose Ramon Alvarez Sanchez
Subject: [eLyXer-users] Merge options toc and toctarget
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 12:14:13 +0100

El lun, 17-01-2011 a las 05:13 +0000, Axel Jacobs escribió:
> The --template solution is more flexible and works for me. It does
> require a bit more work and some thinking, though. --uplink would have
> offered a straight-forward solution that possibly would have been good
> enough for a large number of cases, but I understand why you want to
> avoid messy command-line options and redundancy.

I forgotten the --template option when proposed the --uplink option,
but now I think the template solution is more flexible and simpler,
and when mixed with --toc it could be very powerful to integrate a
converted document with the rest of a website.

By the way, I'm not sure if it is necessary to have both --toc and
--toctarget, because using only --toc produce a toc file of no use
with all links pointing to itself, --toctarget is always needed to
explicit the name of file to address the links. So probably a merge
of --toc and --toctarget is needed. On the other hand the option
--target is used to name the "target" option in links anchor tags,
so the name --toctarget is a little bit confusing (maybe the merge
of --toc and --toctarget could be named --tocto  or --tocfor).

Thanks,
Jose R.