Re: Towards a cleaner build

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Towards a cleaner build
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:37:15 +0200

OK, in the toplevel lisp directory there's now only four warnings.

In toplevel form:
isearchb.el:80:1:Warning: Package iswitchb is obsolete!

But as far as I can tell, the entire point of the isearchb package is to
interact with isiwtchb, so should this also be obsolete?

----

This one I'm not sure what the status is with: It's an obsolete
variable, but it seems unsure how it should be replaced here, if I
remember the discussion correctly:

In pcomplete/tar:
pcmpl-gnu.el:162:47:Warning: `pcomplete-suffix-list' is an obsolete variable
    (as of 24.1).

I'm not sure whether suppressing this warning is the right thing,
either...

----

And the final two Eli was pondering what to do with, so I'll just leave
them as warnings for further pondering.

In gui-get-selection:
select.el:316:23:Warning: `string-to-multibyte' is an obsolete function (as of
    26.1); use `decode-coding-string'.

In xselect--encode-string:
select.el:482:24:Warning: `string-make-unibyte' is an obsolete function (as of
    26.1); use `encode-coding-string'.