Re: A target that's even more bootstrap?

From: Elias Mårtenson
Subject: Re: A target that's even more bootstrap?
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 12:32:11 +0800

On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 at 03:24, Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> wrote:
Andy Moreton <address@hidden> writes:

>> No, after a fresh checkout you can just say "make" and it figures
>> everything out by itself (on Linux, at least).
>
> ...but not if you want an out of tree build (which should be the default
> so nothing modifes the source tree).

In Emacs, out of tree builds are peculiar because they put build
products in the source tree (.elc files).

Whenever I rebuild, I do:

rm -fr *
git reset --hard
./autogen.sh

I've resorted to doing that every time I rebuild a new version, as all other options have at one point or another caused issues.

Regards,
Elias