Re: A target that's even more bootstrap?

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: A target that's even more bootstrap?
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 18:12:07 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> We should need to do only this:
>
>   make extraclean
>   make
>
> There should be no need to say "make bootstrap", precisely as it isn't
> needed in a freshly cloned repository.

Sounds good.

> So I understand one thing extraclean doesn't do is remove the *.elc
> files; let's add that.  What else?

I'm comparing a fresh clone with what's in the repo after a make; make
extraclean.  I've made a summary first and include the full list as an
attachment.

diff --unified /tmp/fresh /tmp/extra | grep "^\\+" | grep -v /.git/ > /tmp/diff

+./info
+./info/ebrowse.info
+./info/efaq-w32.info

[etc]