Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 23:46:48 -0400

  > IMO the most significant factor is that Doom allowed me to "just get
  > started" with the tasks which caused my lingering interest to manifest
  > into installing. While now I couldn't imagine going without Emacs, that
  > initial ease was crucial.

That describes how it felt, subjectively, to you.
That's a consequence of some concrete things about DOOM,
I am sure -- but I have no idea what those concrete things _are_.

Can you describe even a few of the concrete differences of DOOM that
made it so easy for you?  I suggest not aiming for completeness,
but rather mentioning the ones that are most important.

That would be the information we might perhaps draw concrete lessons
from.

  > IMO the most significant factor is that Doom allowed me to "just get
  > started" with the tasks

Could you describe a few of those tasks, and what would have been
hard about them, which DOOM made easier?

I'm also curious about how why you decided to change from DOOM
to standard Emacs?

--
Dr Richard Stallman