Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 10:52:35 -0400

   > […] Maybe there could
   > be a color guidance and framework for extensions to use and follow to
   > offer more visual coherence as well as ease of modding and choosing a
   > color theme. I think Batsov's Solarized makes a good candidate to turn
   > it into such framework.

   I support this motion.

   Solarized is very easy on the eyes, available for many other
   applications, and it is the result of a simple set of harmonized
   colours that are optimized for equal contrast.

Solarized is a good selection and maybe even a good default (other
programs might use it, and having a coherent selection of colors is
always nice).  But what someone finds easy, someone else will find
hard so we shouldn't make such generalised claims that something is
very easy on the eyes e.g., I find the "pink-ish" background hard on
my eyes (despite liking that color palette).