Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 03:17:12 +0300

On 12.09.2020 17:31, Arthur Miller wrote:
I guess most of you are familiar with Solarized, but for those that are
not here is the original author's page that explains "the science"
behind it:

https://ethanschoonover.com/solarized/

Solarized themes are nice enough color-wise, but they are terribly low-contrast. It's a struggle to simply read the text when coming other applications which typically use higher contrast colors (e.g. Thunderbird and the numerous web sites accessible from Firefox).

Perhaps macOS's font rendering is different enough that this problem is less pronounced. Not on my Ubuntu, though.