Re: A new user perspective about "Changes for emacs 28"

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: A new user perspective about "Changes for emacs 28"
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 15:27:57 +0300

On 11.09.2020 14:29, Arthur Miller wrote:
Undo tree as a visualisation is very cool feature, and could be one of
unique Emacs features, if it could visualise any undo/redo history. I
don't use undo-tree myself, but I think that graphical representation of
undo history is a cool even if mostly gimmicky.

It's not a gimmick. The buffer has its own set of commands with navigation along the branches of the tree.

And only when using them I really did, or several occasions, feel the benefit of Emacs's undo history data structure.

Going along the branches of the undo tree, switching them at will, and skipping over some branches in favor older changes really makes the process easier to understand and saves time significantly.