Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 23:21:38 -0400

  > I think that this is the case, most programmes seem to use the
  > "Hamburger Menu"[0] instead of a transitional top-menu.

The people who say "menus are not modern" are failing to clearly
analyze what are complaining about -- or else their message has
been garbled in transmission to us.

They do not dislike menus.  They dislike one particular way of
displaying menus.

I have seen programs with hamburger buttons.  If you don't want to use
the menus very often, that interface is ok.

Now that we understand what they meant, maybe we can give them what
they want.  Can we implement Emacs menus through the hamburger systems
of various toolkits?  Run them through the meatgrinder, shall we say?
;-}

--
Dr Richard Stallman